Grant Management Information
Thank you for your interest in promoting traffic safety in Louisiana! The Louisiana Highway Safety Commission (LHSC) is seeking dedicated partners to aid in our mission of Changing Behaviors and Saving Lives. Please take a moment to peruse the requirements for grant submissions and let us know if you have any questions. Questions concerning the application process may be directed to the LHSC by email at: email@example.com or by telephone at (225) 925-6991.
The planning process for the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission is a cyclical process that is in constant review, assessment, and modification and due to a variety of intervening and often unpredictable factors at both the federal and state level; the planning process may be interrupted by unforeseen events and mandates.
A multitude of Stakeholder meetings, data analysis workshops, and processes for partner feedback occur throughout the year. In preparation for each fiscal year, the LHSC facilitates a series of Community Briefings designed to provide current information on traffic safety issues in Louisiana and solicit local leaders, citizens, law enforcement, and other traffic safety partners input on future needs and potential programs. Additional meetings are held to assess data improvements and reassess areas of need. The LHSC staff provides guidance and recommendations to the Assistant Director as to ongoing programming and the accountant and planner discuss estimated grant carry forward, potential grant awards, and existing contractual agreements. Projects are identified and awarded to local agencies, law enforcement, non-profits, governmental agencies, and other entities with the consideration of all discussions listed above.
- NHTSA Highway Safety Grant Funding Guidance (MAP-21)
- NHTSA Grants Management Manual
- Section 402 - General Traffic Safety
- Section 405(b) - Occupant Protection Grants
- Section 405(c) - State Traffic Safety Information System Improvement Grants
- Section 405(d) - Impaired Driving Countermeasure Grants - High, Mid, and Low Range
- Section 405(d) - Impaired Driving Countermeasure Alcohol Ignition Interlock Laws
- Section 405(e) - Distracted Driving Grants
- Section 405(f) - Motorcyclist Safety Grants
- Section 405(g) - State Graduated Driver Licensing Grants